It’s easy to take our body for granted but we get worried when the most little thing happens to that body. So the best way to understand and take care of it is to keep learning more about them. When we know just how fragile and, conversely, how strong our bodies are, (yes, they can be both) we learn how to nourish ourselves with the right food, proper rest, and care.
Wherever you are in your learning journey, you’re a lot more interesting and more powerful than you think. Here’s a list of 10 facts about the human body to prove it.
- Your body has enough iron in it to make a metal nail 3 inches long.
- Have you ever felt calm while listening to a slow song? That’s because our heartbeats mimic the music we listen.
- Each heart has its own electrical system, which means that as long as it receives oxygen, it’ll continue to beat even if it’s removed from the body.
- On a daily basis, our hearts produce enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles.
- If our eyes were digital cameras, they’d measure at 576 megapixels (Wow, that’s some high resolution…please can someone borrow me their eyes biko, I want to take pishure)
- Although smaller in size, a woman’s heart beats faster than that of a man’s, even while asleep (hhmmmm…. This explains a lot, ladies what do you think?)
- Enough electricity is produced by the human brain when awake to power a small light bulb.
- Our noses can remember about 50,000 different scents (I can relate to this, can you?)
- Babies have about 60 more bones than adults. As we grow, some of our bones fuse together to form one.
- Each of us have unique tongue prints, just as we do fingerprints.